Those looking for a lighter start to 2020 can look forward to a brand new vegetarian option in January as Star Street Italian restaurant, Giando, introduces a six-course winter vegetarian set menu.
Chef Gianni’s Winter Vegetarian Menu 2020
The Winter Vegetarian Set Menu by Chef Gianni Caprioli uses high-quality ingredients from small-scale family farms, including fruits and vegetables by Agro T18 Italian wholesaler in Grugliasco, Torino, to organic free-range eggs by Fattoria Roberti egg farm in Bedizzole, Brescia.
On the menu:
- Chicory salad with burrata, pear, walnuts, gorgonzola dressing and balsamic vinegar
- Creamy Jerusalem artichoke soup topped with braised artichokes
- Fusilli pasta served with turnip tips and non-spicy southern Italian Crusco peppers
- Carnaroli risotto with radicchio and braised onion
- Savoy cabbage paired with hazelnut and black truffle
- Pumpkin cheesecake with Amaretto crumble
The six-course vegetarian menu at Giando is priced at HK$798 (plus 10 percent service charge).
Giando, Shop 1, G/F, Tower 1, Starcrest, 9 Star Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, +852 2511 8912