Chinese New Year comes especially early this year (January 25), although most of us have yet to recover from the holiday feasts. But, who can say no to all the CNY goodies that we just have to eat for good luck, including fish, dumplings, pudding, spring rolls, rice balls, longevity noodles, fruit and more… After all, we wouldn’t want to have a bad year ahead, would we?
For those hoping to stay healthy throughout Chinese New Year, with as little heckling from family members as possible, The Cakery’s got your back. Not only have they created two vegan versions of the CNY pudding, they’ve also made adorable vegan CNY cookies and gift boxes for sharing with family and friends.
The Chinese New Year collection includes:
Vegan Chinese New Year Cookie & Chocolate Gift Box
This collectible gift box of cookies includes a mix of four different cookies:
- Short Date made with red dates, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Almond Cookie made with vegan butter, organic cane sugar, almond powder and almond
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Thins made with sugar-free dark chocolate printed with “福” (which means ‘luck’ in Chinese)
- Milk Oolong Cookie made with vegan butter, handcrafted oolong tea and plain flour
Price: HK$358 per box
Vegan Red Sugar Rice Cake
A great alternative to the sugar and calorie bomb that is the traditional CNY pudding, this healthier version is made with glutinous rice flour, coconut milk, canola oil, red sugar and wheat flour.
Vegan Red Date Cake
Rich with the jujube flavour, this red date cake is made with red date, red date sugar, glutinous rice flour, chestnut flour, tapioca flour and goji berry.
Organic Chinese New Year Fondant Cookie Set
Perfect for gifting, these adorable fondant cookies are decorated with Chinese New Year symbols including a rat, firecrackers, koi fish, tangerines and flowers.
Price: HK$398 for the set of 6; cookies can also be purchased separately for HK$60 to HK$70 each, depending on the design
Chinese New Year Vegan Afternoon Tea Set
From now until 8 February 2020, head on over to The Cakery at The Landmark and Lee Gardens Two to try their new vegan Chinese New Year afternoon tea set.
Savoury bites include the Omni Pork Dumpling, Omni Pork Lotus Root Cake and Turnip Cake, while sweets include the Red Sugar Sweet Rice Cake, Mini Cupcake, Mango Chia Pudding, Mandarin Citrus Tart and Mandarin Mantou.
Price: HK$488 for 2 people
The Cakery locations:
- The Cakery at Lee Gardens Two, Shop 124, 1/F, Lee Garden Two, 28 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- The Cakery at The Landmark, Shop 303, The Landmark, Central, Hong Kong
Learn more at www.thecakery.com