Salads are a great way to stay cool through the summer, and if you’re looking for ways to add more protein into your diet, here are some great tips from PopSugar.
Build your salad bowl base with lots of leafy greens and raw veggies, including shredded carrots, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and beets, and then add some tofu, beans, or a plant-based burger patty on top.
Next, sprinkle on some of these seeds to pump up your protein intake:
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds = 6.6 grams of protein, 120 calories
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds = 3 grams of protein, 50 calories
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds = 1.8 grams of protein, 50 calories
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds = 2 grams of protein, 60 calories
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds = 1.5 grams of protein, 52 calories
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed = 1 gram of protein, 37 calories
Depending on how many grams of protein you’re after, these small seeds are just the thing you need to reach your goal.